Saturday 1 May 2010

Craftea ''Tee's''

Hi guys,

I am back, so much has changed and yet I have neglected to update our craft blog, so here goes!

I wanted to try some t-shirt embellishment ideas. My Sister inlaw hinted that she could not find Tee's that fitted or had the designs she wanted.Great a challenge and a brief:
Tee = £2 from Primark (Cotton Stretch)
Reduce the length: altered the hemline.
Graphic style applique
Taking influences from Orla Keily and wallpaper boarder placements.
Bright colours for Tee bases.
So now setup I used offcuts from John Lewis Home furnishing department (curtain scraps!)

I had great fun cutting, printing and arranging my designs before sewing and ironing on the transfers to finish.

A great way to destress from work xx

FRAN xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow Frannie that's amazing! I love the pattern on the olive coloured shirt & all the blues & teals on the other shirt! Well done! Bron x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good idea to use the prints on curtain fabrics! They look super. Any chance of posting some instructions about how you appliqued them so we can try it out too?

    ReplyDelete