Monday 3 May 2010

Cute little dress I made



Hi guys,
After inheriting my Gran's sewing machine and lugging it back on the plane with me from SA (!!!), I thought I should try my sewing skills out.
So I dug out some South African fabric I bought in Cape Town called 'shwe shwe' & bought a little sewing pattern off Etsy.com & away I went. Well I have to admit it wasn't plain sailing to start....


I had to phone, email & skype my mom in SA several times to ask her questions about cutting out the pattern, pinning & sewing it all together! But I'm happy to say I've finished the little dress & I'm really pleased with the results! My cousin is due to have her baby soon & I hope it's a girl so I can give her the dress as a present. Happy sewing & crafting ! Love Bron x x

3 comments:

  1. It was great fun giving Bronwyn a sewing lesson via skype between Cape Town and London. I can highly recommend it! I love the schweschwe fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bron, this is gorgeous!! Well done - it looks so professional. Love the fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mum told me all about the sewing lesson you had from her.A great idea!I also love schwe schwe fabric. Have a look at my blog. It's grown!

    Love Beryl

    ReplyDelete